With so many amazing yogis taking up the 30 day challenge, we reckon it's a safe bet that there might be some bodies with a few more aches and pains than usual! This is totally normal as you build your yoga practice & strengthen your body. That being said, we thought it'd be a great opportunity to share our top three tips & tricks for supreme self-care!
Do you have any favourite tricks to soothe your body that you think we've missed?
1) Compression trousers or tight leggings and snuggle up to a film.
2) More stretching - I quite like the gentle pain/ache when you stretch those sore muscles again but just gently.
3) A bath with candles or hot shower with favourite smellies.
1) Hot bath with epsom salts.
2) Massaging painful/stiff areas with Wintergreen oil.
3) Indulging in my favourite foods.
1) Warm shower.
2) Deep heat + massage ball.
3) Satisfaction of knowing I'm building muscle!
1) Lots of tea, especially green tea or peppermint. Hydration is crucial!
2) Consciously eat a bit more protein to help muscle recovery & growth.
3) One day a week of no vinyasa practice, taking either gentle stretching, yin or restorative postures instead.
1) A hot bath + a magazine (+ sometimes cake... Cake at bath time is a phenomenal combination).
2) A restorative yoga sequence.
3) A massage, either self or indulging in for a professional one!